EXPLORE OUR PROJECTS IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA
Bathroom Design & Remodel
Are you dreaming of ways you can upgrade your dull, outdated bathroom? Is that corner bathtub in need of replacement with a tub you’ll love soaking in? Let our expert design team bring your vision to reality and create the oasis you deserve. It all starts with a discovery interview to uncover key insights like how many people will use the bathroom, the ages of family members, what level of spa-like luxury is desired, and special requests for colors, unique tiles, cabinetry, or fixtures.
The Slate Design & Remodel team are the experts in Northern Virginia when it comes to efficient bathroom design planning to account for where the plumbing is behind the walls. They can maximize form and function in any space. Whether it be choosing small versus large storage space solutions, implementing drawers or linen closets into custom vanity cabinets, or built-in-wall niches for showers. We help you transform the place where you start and end each day into a sanctuary that reflects your personal style.
Top Considerations for a Bathroom Remodel
- During the discovery session, we’ll review the details of your morning and evening routines so that we best plan for the right mix of functional, storage, and bath or shower areas.
- When planning a master bathroom remodel for multiple people, it’s important that we discover the wishes of everyone using the space. This includes understanding if it’s used at the same time when getting ready in the morning or winding down in the evening. You can also specify how much countertop and storage space can overlap between users or request completely separate sink and storage areas.
- Hall bathroom planning will consider how many people will use the space and how often. We’ll plan for the number of children in your home and long- and short-term guests too.
- As we evaluate your design, we can plan bathrooms that’ll be used frequently by older family members and longer-term guests. The remodel can include shower benches and handrails, adjustable fixtures, and barrier-free or curbless showers for easy access.
- Many clients ask, “should we keep the bathtubs” in their homes, even if they don’t use them? We always recommend keeping at least one bathtub in the home.
Master bath oasis featuring spa-blue hue and wood-look shower tile
SPACE SIZE: Medium
Master Suite Retreat
Soaking tub with pebble stone tile
SPACE SIZE: Medium
Bold Subway Tile
Unique tile layout as the standout design element with pops of color
SPACE SIZE: Compact
FAIRFAX STATION, VA
Easy to clean Italian Statuario marble-like porcelain tiles
SPACE SIZE: Medium
Toilet with integrated bidet with air dryer, heated seat, air deodorizer, and automations
SPACE SIZE: Large
BUDGET: $150,000 - $170,000
Fish Scale Oasis
Unique scalloped, bold shower tile paired with brushed gold fixtures
SPACE SIZE: Compact
See how your Slate Design & Remodel team will work with you during your bathroom remodel.
“Slate Design & Remodel did a full remodel of our master bathroom, as well as a variety of other smaller projects in our house. We had been putting off all this work (especially the master bath) because I remembered how much work it was when we remodeled our kitchen many years ago...but, our initial meeting Slate Design & Remodel convinced me to go for it because they handled so much of the work for us - especially the shopping! It saved me from dragging the kids around from shop to shop looking at tile, finishes, lighting fixtures, etc. Slate Design & Remodel drew up design concepts, and then handled all the procurement of the materials. In addition to the master bathroom, they re-did our powder room, windows, doors, stairs and walkway with flagstone, and stair railings. The design process was fun and Jessica and Shannon did a great job matching our taste to the style of our house. The work was installed professionally and we love the end results.”
“The service and the products we received from Slate Design and Remodel were outstanding! Adam goes above and beyond to make sure his clients are satisfied. I can’t say enough good things about this company. Jessica and Shannon were a pleasure to work with. Any time there was any concern on our part about anything, Adam made sure that everything was running smoothly. They were responsive to our questions long after the job was completed. We LOVE our finished product. We had our master bath and kitchen done by Slate Design & Remodel and would go back for any other project. This is a first class company!”
“Now that our basement renovation is complete, we really enjoy our new bathroom, closet, lighting and flooring! Your quality work and the professional manner in which you managed the entire project, from your initial consultations with us, to the daily updates, and the outstanding recommendations for the final design impressed us like no other contractor we’ve dealt with. At each stage, you made us feel confident we were dealing with a team that truly cares about customer satisfaction, values straight-forward communication, and works with complete integrity. Thank you for the great work!”
“Slate Design remodeled our Master Bathroom and our Kitchen over the last year. Both the remodels turned out exactly as we wanted... truly stunning. The heated floors of the master bath have been a great improvement. The kitchen island is a cooker and bakers dream. The employees were all polite and the communication was amazing. They always let us know the status and both jobs were completed on schedule. We would recommend Slate Design & Remodel for your next project.”